Products - Materials & Coatings
Especially for cutting and drilling results it comes down for the correct tool, since every workpiece/material requires for its proper tool. Tool life and setup time significantly depend on material and quality of the tool, as not each cutting/granulation/drilling/chamfering process implies the same demands on material properties. Our expertise and broad range of alternative materials can help to reduce costs in your individual industrial process!
TC Bayer and partners craft tools according to your specific request from a material that is most suitable and cost-efficient for your individual application.
We are proud to meet customers requirements for over 25 years with various grades of the following materials & coatings:
- High-Speed Steels – HSS
- Solid carbides – SC
- Powder-metallurgic hard materials – PM
- Aluminum – Al
- Cobalt – Co(5-20%)
- Titanium – Ti
- Titanium nitride – TiN
- Titanium carbide – TiC
- Titanium carbonitride – TiCN
- Tungsten carbide – WC (TCI = Tungsten carbide insert)
- Titanium aluminum nitride – TiAlN (Al content <50%)
- Aluminium titanium nitride – AITiN (Al content >50%)
- Cermet – composite of ceramic (cer) and metal (met)
- Cubic boric nitride – CBN
- Polycrystalline CBN composite – PCBN
- Polycrystalline diamond composite – PDC
Please test us with your specific request!
Would you like to realize technical drawings according to samples free of charge and material check free of charge as well as support and expertise? Please contact our experts!